The best thing about keto is you can eat so many foods that most of us have been trained to believe are bad for you. This recipe takes three of them and puts them right in the palm of your hand.
I love using silicone molds and muffin tins for portion control. Because lets face it, if you are trying to lose weight on keto you are probably tracking macros and calories. Not only do these bacon egg and cheese cups come in controlled portions, they are simple to make and they are easy to eat on the go. They also store really well and heat up nicely if you don’t want to eat them cold.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 strips of bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick spray and add cheese to the bottom of each cup. Place in oven. It’s okay if it’s not preheated. We just want the cheese to melt.
- Remove from oven after 5 minutes or when the cheese is melted and bubbly. Doing this step now will get you a solid base for the cup so I don’t recommend adding all the ingredients at once then baking.
- Once the tray has cooled enough to touch, wrap the bacon around the interior of the cup. It may help to cut the bacon in half and add it that way. You can overlap the edge like a flower or wrap the inside perimeter only. The photo shows both ways.
- Here you can put the bacon in the preheated oven for about 5 minutes then crack the egg once you remove the tray or you can add the egg after you wrap and then put it into the oven together.
- Before putting the cup with the egg in the oven add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until desired doneness.
- Remove from oven and let cool before removing and plating.