I love that being on keto, I can still have desserts. Once I found sweeteners that worked for me, it’s been smooth sailing in the sweets department. I made my Cheat Day Chocolate Cupcakes and ran out of frosting, so this recipe was one of opportunity, I recently completed an egg fast and had a ton of leftover cream cheese. If you’re on keto you probably have cream cheese on hand, too. It’s easy tasty, and guilt free.
- 8oz softened cream cheese (1 pack)
- 1 stick softened butter
- 2/3 cup confectioners Swerve
- 1/s tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp heavy cream (optional)
- Add softened cream cheese and butter to a bowl. If you forgot to take them out of the fridge you can soften them in the microwave at 10 seconds per round until soft.
- Using a hand mixer, cream the butter and cream cheese together.
- Add powdered sweetener to the butter and cream cheese mixture. Mix with the hand mixer until smooth and creamy. Use the mix on low to avoid the powdered sweetener from flying everywhere. You want to use powdered for the smoothest consistency, If you don’t have it on hand, you can grind granulated into powder using a dry bullet blender.
- Add vanilla and optional heavy cream. I didn’t need heavy cream but if your mixture is too thick, add a little at a time and mix until desired thickness.
- Using a spatula, scoop frosting into a piping bag and shake frosting down towards the tip for piping.
- Decorate cooled cupcakes or cake as desired. Store any remaining frosting in the refrigerator. You can eat it straight out of the container like a fat bomb if you don’t need it for any baking.