Take that fresh made pesto and toss some zoodles with it. This entire meal can be made without turning on a stove. It’s fresh, clean, and most importantly delicious. I crusted some shrimp with Parmesan and lemon juice and added it on top for more protein. That’s it. That’s the recipe!
- Pesto (homemade or store bought)
- 1 medium zucchini
- 8-10 medium shrimp
- 1/4 cup powdered Parmesan
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and devein the shrimp.
- Add lemon juice, splash of olive oil, and Parmesan and toss lightly.
- Heat non stick pan to medium or medium high and add shrimp.
- Turn over using tongs after top begins to turn orange/pink. You can brown the Parmesan or just make sure the shrimp is cooked through. Set aside.
- Using a spiralizer on the “thin” side, use the zucchini to create zoodles.
- Toss with pesto. If it’s homemade, allow the pesto to get to room temperature before using. You can heat the zoodles in the microwave for 30 seconds as well. Zoodles will create moisture as the salt from the pesto draws it out so don’t worry if it’s thick to start.
- Once zoodles are coated with pesto, top with shrimp and garnish with cilantro or parsley before serving.