How can I have a keto blog and NOT have a burger recipe? I love making burgers because I can portion out the meat for easy tracking. I also feel like I am not on a diet when I eat big juicy burgers with all the toppings. That’s the one major score of living the keto life–more is encouraged when it comes to burgers.
Since it’s summer I decided I’d look for some fun grilled burger options. I have an indoor grill but of course, if you can pull out the grill for this go for it. Make sure you use beef with a high fat content (I like 20%) and use the freshest tomatoes and iceberg lettuce. Everything on this burger goes on the grill except the lettuce and condiments. I love cooking tomatoes because their sweetness just blossoms and the sugars caramelize making the flavor so intense. I grill the bacon because why not? Save some dishes.
This burger is simple yet flavorful. You are going to really love it.
- 2 quarter pound beef patties
- 1 medium tomato
- 2 slices of bacon
- 2 slices of white American cheese
- 1 tablespoon of steak seasoning (or salt and pepper)
- large outer iceberg lettuce leaf
- mayo to taste
- butter (for non stick)
- Form patties (if not already formed) and season generously with steak seasoning.
- Place patties on the buttered grill until desired doneness. I like medium so about three minutes each side on medium high heat using an indoor grill. Add cheese until melted.
- Spray grill with non stick spray. Slice and salt the tomatoes and place on the grill. Cook for about three minutes until fragrant. Be careful flipping.
- Place bacon on the grill and cook until done.
- Build the burger using a large lettuce leaf. Place lettuce on plate and then the first patty on the base of the lettuce leaf. Stack second patty, tomatoes, and bacon. Add mayo.
- Fold lettuce leaf over top of the stack and tuck underneath the sides.