“Chimichurri is an uncooked sauce used both in cooking and as a table condiment for grilled meat. A specialty of Argentina and Uruguay, the sauce comes in a green and a red version. It is made of finely chopped parsley, minced garlic, olive oil, oregano and red wine vinegar.”
I love making chimichurri because it’s vibrant, jazzes up any dish, and is very simple to make. Anything that can add interesting flavors and textures to regular keto staples is welcome. When we eat from a specific group of foods it’s important to mix it up a bit if we want keto to go from diet to lifestyle.
There is almost no effort beyond gathering the ingredients for this one and the possibilities are close to endless.
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 (or more) cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until everything is mixed. I like mine textured but you can blend until you like the consistency.
- Use on steak, eggs or poultry.
- Store up to to a week in the refrigerator in an air tight container.