This is a quick and tasty soup that should be part of the regular keto rotation. I made it during my first egg fast, and let me tell you, the flavor is so good I didn’t feel deprived at all.
I make a lot of foods with Asian flavors so I had these ingredients on hand. If you have to buy them, they can be used for so much more. I will post a few recipes that will allow you to get use out of these ingredients.
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp butter/ghee/oil
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 tbsp of sesame seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add oil, butter, or ghee to the pot. Once melted/heated, add minced garlic, minced ginger, and sesame seeds (optional.) Cook until fragrant. Do not brown or burn the garlic.
- Pour 3-4 cups of chicken stock into the pot. Season with soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, and pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer.
- While broth is simmering, crack three eggs in a bowl. Season to taste. Whisk the eggs.
- Slowly pour whisked eggs into simmering water while whisking with a fork. Don’t use a whisk or the strings will get tangled at the tip.
- Add chopped green onions and simmer uncovered for five minutes.
- Pour into a bowl, garnish with sesame seeds and green onion and serve.