Blueberries are in season and are in abundance! In the interest of full disclosure, I accidentally ordered SIX POUNDS of frozen blueberries from Walmart’s curbside pick up. So, I will be making blueberry drinks, breakfasts, jams, and desserts all summer long. And I’m not complaining.
I started an indoor herb garden during quarantine and my mint (like basil) grows like a weed. So it only made sense to make a blueberry Mojito. Cheers!
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 8-10 mint leaves
- 2 limes
- 1/2 cup sparkling water (lime flavored)
- 3 oz white rum
- 1/2 tbsp sweetener (optional)
- Pour 1/4 cup blueberries into cocktail shaker. Set the rest aside.
- Add the juice of one whole lime.
- Add half of the mint leaves.
- Add granulated sweetener (optional.) Depending on how sweet your blueberries are, you may not want to add sweetener. If you do, use granulated because it will help with the next step.
- Muttle/mash/bash berries, mint, sweetner, and lime juice to release the juices and oils.
- Add 1 and 1/2 oz of rum and stir everything together.
- Strain into a glass over ice. Top with sparkling water.
- Garnish with frozen blueberries, mint and a lime wedge.
There is enough to have a second round or you can put everything in at once for a stronger flavor and drink. I had mine during the day so I kept it light.